What is a crown?
A crown, which is sometimes called a cap, is a dental restoration your dentists may recommend if your tooth is seriously damaged or decayed. When a dental filling cannot sufficiently restore the tooth, a crown may be used to provide a more effective restoration. The dental crown is designed to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, to restore the tooth to its ideal size, shape, and structure. When in place, a dental crown can improve your smile’s appearance, function, and health.
Do I need a dental crown?
Drs. Campbell and Campbell will carefully examine your smile and evaluate your oral health in order to determine what treatment is best for your specific needs. We may recommend a dental crown in Whitesboro, Texas, in order to:
- Attach a dental bridge
- Strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
- Complete a dental implant
- Protect a tooth after root canal therapy
- Enhance the appearance of a severely stained tooth
- Restore a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- Improve a misshapen tooth
- Support a large filling when little original tooth structure remains
For more information on how a custom-made dental crown can improve your smile, we welcome you to call or visit Whitesboro Dental today. We are eager to restore your smile!
What are bridges?
A dental bridge is a restoration we may suggest to replace one or more missing teeth. The bridge is made up of two dental crowns and a replacement tooth called a pontic. Drs. Campbell and Campbell will attach the crowns to the implants or natural teeth adjacent to the gap left by the missing tooth. These crowns provide stability and anchor the pontic in place. Dental bridges are custom made to match the appearance of your natural teeth, providing a restoration that is functional and aesthetic.
Do I need a dental bridge?
Your dentists at Whitesboro Dental might suggest a dental bridge if you have lost a single tooth or a few teeth in a row. When in place, a bridge can:
- Restore your ability to properly speak, chew, and eat
- Improve the shape and volume of your face
- Alleviate stress on the bite
- Enhance the overall appearance of your smile
- Prevent the remaining teeth from shifting out of position in your mouth
If you believe a dental bridge in Whitesboro, Texas, may be right for your smile, we welcome you to contact our office soon. We look forward to improving your smile